5Dmovement is a business dedicated to the education and practice of the optimal means (vehicle) for Living Well. Our specialty is the spectrum from treatment to rehab to full function in posture, stability, movement and task.
Who Are We
- Mark McGrath: Movement Coach to Elite Athletes, Rehabilitation Specialist, DNS Exercise Trainer
- Jordan Moncrieff: Osteopath, Personal Trainer, DNS (C course)
What do we currently know?
- There is much confusion, disagreement and debate around what constitutes exercise, core stability and function.
- The neurodevelopmental approach (DNS via Prague School of Rehabilitation) has evolved via observation of healthy and pathological development of function over an 80 year period.
- The importance of this longitudinal observation is that we now have a reliable map of the stages underpinning maturation of the CNS via postural, stability and movement milestones.
- This means that this is the only exercise system that is Intrinsic to the Organism. The exercise approach that you will learn and practise on the day, is based on the program that is encoded in the brain/CNS.
- The neurodevelopment approach represents a lens into the basis for Global, Coordinated Functioning of the Movement System, at the same time as revealing pathological patterning via compensatory mechanisms.
Our Foundation Seminar will cover:
The Mapping of your Living Situation
The first thing we will do on the day is to send you into reflection of your current situation and what is important for you. We will encourage you to consider this in relation to your business model and how you see your practice evolving.
We will collate all of this data and ensure that we address it over our time together. This means addressing areas of interest and confusion, while setting up a directionality of Intention.
The Pedagogy of Coaching
5Dmovement is interested in ensuring that all the elements present in our ongoing experience are honoured and acknowledged. This means that we coach and embody an approach that utilises 1st, 2nd and 3rd person perspectives to ensure that all elements of the learning experience are optimised.
- We will present a vertical model of development that shows how we move through stages of development towards greater openness and transparency. We will show how vertical development and longitudinal adaptation are linked via super`compensation theory and staged development.
The basis of this knowledge alone, will begin to shift your perspective on good practice and allow you to continue to develop the mapping process that we will begin in the seminar. The Seminar will begin with an Entry Map and conclude with an Exit Map, which will include the work we have done together on the collated data.
1. The Basis for understanding the Deep Stabilising System (DSS)
2. Sagittal Stabilisation (Front/Back Body)
3. Trunk/Pelvis Connection (Supine/Prone)
4. Head/Neck/Shoulder Connection (Supine/Prone)
5. The Feedback Basis for maintenance of Stabilising Function (Use of the Support Surface to monitor quality of Intra-Abdominal Pressure (IAP)
6. The Spine in Space. (Quadraped, Push-up, Bear, Downward Dog)
7. Integration of Respiration and Stabilisation. Functional Breathing through a life-span.
8. The Importance of Support Zones for Transformation of Perception
We will workshop and coach the Spectrum of Postures making up Sagittal Stabilisation. We will cover 36 different postures over the 2 days.
Early Bird is $445 (payable by 30/6/2018)
Seminar Price is $595 (payable 14/7/2018)
Contact Mark if you would like to pay by invoice: 0417358832